Leukaemia CARE exists to provide vital care and support to all those whose lives are affected by leukaemia, lymphoma and the allied blood disorders. Our work extends to the welfare of families and carers, as well as that of patients themselves. Quite simply... 'supporting a quality of life'

CARE: www.leukaemiacare.org.uk/
Fundraising: www.raise4leukaemiacare.org.uk/

Anyone can become a fundraiser for Leukaemia CARE and appear on the blog. Email your story to: press@leukaemiacare.org.uk

Bertie Bloodcell

Welcome to Bertie's Blog! Bertie Bloodcell is Leukaemia CARE's fundraising mascot and he's really interested to hear all your stories! This blog will highlight some of the triumphs and successes of Leukaemia CARE's fundraising heroes, and give our supporters the chance to get to know the charity and 'Team Bertie' a little bit better.

Monday 11 May 2009

Hi

This is just to let you know how I got on at the Glasgow Women’s 10k yesterday, and a thanks to you for sponsoring me! The photo attached is how I looked after it.

So far I have raised £650 for Leukaemia CARE and have done two events:

- the Santa Dash in December 08 (27 minutes)
- the Women’s 10k on Sunday the 10th of May.

And I have one more event to go – the Wick Triathlon in August.

On Sunday I finished the 10k with a time of 48: 33 minutes - personal best for me! I came in 287th out of 10,740 runners.
It seems like the training I’ve put in really helped. The day was good and the atmosphere was brilliant.

I’d just like to say a big thanks to you for sponsoring me and motivating me to train and complete the 10k. Now I look forward to the next few months of training and the triathlon!!

Thanks again, and if you know of anyone else who might like to sponsor me, please forward on my just giving link:

www.justgiving.com/lornpearson

No comments: