Leukaemia CARE exists to provide vital care and support to all those whose lives are affected by leukaemia, lymphoma and the allied blood disorders. Our work extends to the welfare of families and carers, as well as that of patients themselves. Quite simply... 'supporting a quality of life'

CARE: www.leukaemiacare.org.uk/
Fundraising: www.raise4leukaemiacare.org.uk/

Anyone can become a fundraiser for Leukaemia CARE and appear on the blog. Email your story to: press@leukaemiacare.org.uk

Bertie Bloodcell

Welcome to Bertie's Blog! Bertie Bloodcell is Leukaemia CARE's fundraising mascot and he's really interested to hear all your stories! This blog will highlight some of the triumphs and successes of Leukaemia CARE's fundraising heroes, and give our supporters the chance to get to know the charity and 'Team Bertie' a little bit better.

Wednesday 17 September 2008

Introducing Leukaemia CARE's blogger

Hello there fundraisers!
I thought I should introduce myself as I'm your resident blogger. My name's Gemma and I'm the PR & Marketing Officer here at Leukaemia CARE. I'm in a few of these pictures below but now as we're starting to hear a bit more from you hopefully you'll see less of me..! That said you'll still hear from me! I studied Spanish at the University of Birmingham and went on to work in Marketing. I live in Birmingham with my husband and our cat and earlier in the month I ran my first race for Leukaemia CARE... eek!
I'm not a runner, never have been, hated school PE lessons, but I must admit I got a great deal from this event and I'd recommend it to anyone. You can also have a lot of fun fund raising. It's no fun just asking for money but a friend of mine is a big fan of house parties and is struggling to raise her sponsorship monies for the Great North Run so she's planning a fancy dress hallow'een party where everyone pays to dress up. Pub quizzes, car washes, sleep overs, dress down and cake sales are staples of the fundraiser's itinerary but loads more can be found at www.raise4leukaemia.org.uk
Our other blogger here is Jen who started as our apprentice and is now our administrative assistant. You'll start to hear from her soon. So I hope we'll get to know each other as time goes by; until then bye bye from all at Leukaemia CARE
Gemma

For help information or support with a leukaemia, lymphoma or a myeloma call 0800 169 6680 or visit www.leukaemiacare.org.uk

No comments: